Since the boom of the word ‘collagen’ happened around the market, there have been several questions raised by everyone. Questions related to its capabilities and of course, questions related to its types. Most available in the market are two different types of collagen namely, Animal-based and plant-based. But, before we jump onto that question, let’s first drill down to the basics – shall we?
What exactly is collagen?
Collagen is the most vital protein found in the body. It is found in hair, nails, skin, bones, and connective tissues (tendons and ligaments). As we grow old, our body lags in producing the adequate amount of collagen that can make our bones weak, skin starts to sag, and joints could start hurting. Hence, now we know why this protein is essential.
Not just this, but our body’s collagen levels can drop too when an unhealthy lifestyle is maintained. Smoking, high sugar consumption, less exercise, or not getting enough sleep are some of the major reasons for the collagen level to drop.
Healthy skin isn’t that easy to maintain right?
So, what are Animal-based and Plant-based collagen?
Animal-based collagen supplements are mostly found outside India and are made with animal collagen. These supplements are born using ground-up hooves, hides, bones, and joints of animals. The ‘actual’ collagen is extracted from animals and then is transformed into flavored powders. Although, there is not an exact theory behind the fact but a lot of this animal-based collagen contains contaminants.
Plant-based collagen works in a very different manner. These supplements are not actually made out of collagen but they form a base in your body to produce collagen. Our body needs Vitamin C, minerals, and amino acids to make collagen, and plant-based collagen works best when it comes to giving your body the adequate amount of nutrients that it needs.
So, which one do you think you should go for?
Completely your choice. But, we would highly suggest you stick to Bare Anatomy’s 100% vegetarian collagen.
A study by the National Center For Biotechnology Information in the year 2019 was conducted on 72 women. This study showed significant improvement in their skin’s hydration, elasticity, and density.
Ingredients present in Bare Anatomy’s Collagen:
- Hyaluronic acid: It increases the water content in the skin and supports collagen production. It also keeps our bones lubricated and relieves joint paint.
- Bamboo Shoot Extract: It boosts radiance and contains antioxidants that help fight free radicals. It can even strengthen and rejuvenate your skin.
- Vitamin C: Main ingredient to produce collagen. It can be found in oranges, kiwis, lemon, and broccoli. Vitamin C also fades dark spots and lightens the skin tone.
- Biotin: Strengthens skin and hair. It also works on the texture. Biotin is even rich in fatty acids that will nourish your skin from within.
- Pea Protein: It’s a plant-based protein that’s rich in branched-chain amino acids.
- Whey Protein: Supports collagen synthesis and promotes muscle repair and growth.