Skin is our body’s largest organ and taking care of it is as important as taking care of other organs. However, many of us fail to understand our skin type and incorporate products into the daily routine that might not be beneficial for the skin. Our skin has specific needs and every skin is unique, so understanding different skin types and how you can take care of it is most important!
Get set with a blotting paper because here’s a mini exercise that you need to take.
The different types of skin are normal, oily, dry, and combination and the blotting paper technique is one of the useful techniques to get to know your skin type in a jiffy.
- Wash your face, pat dry it, and leave skin bare (do not use any moisturizer, toner, serum, or makeup).
- Wait for 30 minutes (this will quickly pass by)
- Now take strips of blotting paper and press them against different parts of your face
- Use it on your forehead, cheeks, nose, and chin
- Hold the paper to the light to determine oil visibility.
- If your paper picks up no oil or areas feel tight, you have dry skin (you need hydration!)
- If your paper picks up oil from your T-zone and not much from the cheeks, you have a combination skin
- If your paper is saturated with oil, you have oily skin (we get your acne!)
- Finally, if you see less oil and see shine on your cheeks, you are quite lucky my friend. You have normal skin which is neither greasy or dry!
How to take care of different skin types
If your skin feels tight throughout the day and you feel the constant need to moisturize, you certainly have a dry skin. But, there’s nothing to worry. Make sure to hydrate to keep your skin cells healthy. Try exfoliating twice a week with gentle ingredients that do not strip away the natural oils.
Oh, and always incorporate products that contain hyaluronic acid as it makes sure to hydrate skin from within. You can even massage your face everyday before going to bed with our 99% pure Aloe Vera that is directly sourced from the Himalayas for an instant boost of hydration.
Also, try and skip caffeine and alcohol for a radiant looking skin!
People with combination generally have an oily T-zone and dry cheeks. This duo sometimes could get difficult to manage especially when it comes to selecting skin care products appropriate for you. Always opt for a gentle face wash that deep cleanses your pores, invest in a gel moisturizer that gets absorbed super quick and does not promote break out.
In that case, it becomes absolutely essential to try out our custom-made range for your unique skin profile. Take our quick skin analysis and order customized products for long-lasting results!
No matter how hydrated or moisturized your skin is, you might feel your T-zone getting oily in the middle of the day (we feel ya!). Not only is oily skin prone to acne but can leave pores congested. Hence, it is vital to exfoliate at least twice a week as it helps balance out the tone of the skin and leaves it fresh.
You could even rely on our range of customised skin care where you take our quick analysis and we’ll add ingredients based on your unique profile. This custom formula will not only help with breakouts but will control excess oil production alongside deep cleansing of pores.
People with normal skin have balanced pH levels with no open pores. Less imperfections but it is equally important to take care of it the right way. Never forget your sunscreen and make sure to keep yourself hydrated.
Invest in a gentle cleanser, hydrating moisturizer, and a recovery night cream that will help maintain your skin.