People face issues like dry scalp, hair loss, breakage, thinning, damaged hair regularly. What or whom can you blame? Pollution, genes, poorly designed hair products in the market, stressful and unhealthy lifestyles, or lack of attention? While all of these contribute to the problem, the blame game does no good. It is rather better to be more aware and nourish your hair at home instead of resorting to chemicals that can only further add to the problems.
To restore the hair health, thickness, and to boost growth, you must focus on protein-rich, nourishing, and more moisturizing ingredients. Here are some of the best homemade hair masks you can use if you wish to improve the thickness and growth of your hair, all within a reasonably minimal budget.
To prevent hair fall
Bananas are packed with natural oils, potassium, and antioxidants. The fruit makes a great mask for hair growth and hair loss. Here’s how you can make an easy-peasy hair mask:
1. Peel a couple of ripe bananas and mash them up to form a paste.
2. Add a tablespoon of coconut oil and pour some honey over it.
3. Apply it over your hair and let it sit for 35-40 minutes.
4. Once your locks harden, wash your hair with lukewarm water.
Do this once a month and you’ll notice results in 2-3 months.
For that natural shine
Strawberries can cleanse the pores on your scalp leading to uninterrupted growth. A strawberry mask also helps in adding a natural shine to your hair.
1. Take a few fresh pieces of strawberries and blend them in a mixer.
2. Empty the paste into a bowl and add 1 teaspoon of almond oil.
3. Apply the mixture to your hair, scalp, and roots.
4. Leave it for an hour and wash it off with chilled water.
Do this twice a month for the best results
For a boost of hydration and moisturization
The best part about this mask is that it needs just a couple of ingredients to make. Plus, since aloe-vera is rich in minerals that not only moisturizes the scalp but makes hair stronger. Here’s how you can make this:
1. Mix 2 tablespoons of aloe vera gel, coconut oil, olive oil, and a few drops of tea tree oil.
2. Transfer the contents to a jar and shake it well.
3. Once your gel starts looking like white whipped cream, your mask is ready.
4. Apply it on your hair and scalp and leave it overnight.
5. Wake up in the morning and use a mild shampoo for shiny, bouncy hair.
You could do this once a week!
To tame out frizz
This hair mask is highly hydrating. It will help smoothen and soften your hair, along with adding some natural shine. This mask also fights frizz (woohoo!)
1. Mix ½ avocado, 1 tablespoon honey, and 2 tablespoons coconut oil in a blender till smooth.
2. Apply the mixture from root to tip and wash it off after an hour.
You could do this once a month!
For those irritating split ends!
Castor oil is rich in protein, hence, it repairs damaged hair and protects the scalp. That is why this is one of the most effective homemade hair masks for thin hair with split ends.
1. Add a few drops of olive oil and a tablespoon of brandy to 3 tablespoons of castor oil.
2. Mix the ingredients well and apply it from roots to the ends.
3. Let it sit for 25-30 minutes.
4. Wash it off using a mild shampoo followed by a conditioner.
Repeat it thrice a month.
#BareTip: To avoid split ends, get regular hair trim.